Tuesday 15 March 2011

A Book At Bedtime.

Studying Czech Language
I am trying to immerse myself in the Czech culture and learn a bit of the language as best I can, especially as I have to pop down to the town on errands most days.
Picture 626
But it isn’t the easiest language to get your head or tongue around.  Even trying to use the phonetic version isn’t very easy.  Never have I seen so many k’s and y’s.  I don’t like to admit defeat, but I am afraid I have had to resort to pointing, nodding and smiling a lot.
Picture 304
This Chinese noodle stall confused me in particular this afternoon.  I didn’t know if I should ask for a small portion of noodles in Chinese or Czech …… unfortunately my Chinese is as good as my Czech!  In the end I pointed to what I wanted and said “Nom Nom”, the lady smiled and I am sure she gave me extra!!  Nom, Nom!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

I think, rather than learning snippets of various languages, learn mime. Quite how one mimes Chinese noodles is another thing.

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

Hi, as a new follower of your blog, I am thoroughly enjoying your adventures. They brighten my mornings. Hugs Debbie x

marc said...

M i would just point to my belly and go YUM Yum they would see by my size i would need a large lol big love marc