Saturday 28 December 2013

A Christmas Gift That Will Just Keep Giving …..

On Christmas Morning, before we partook in our festive breakfast  repast of a bacon, and fried egg muffin with tomato sauce accompaniment (as part of our rigid five a day regime)….. I hung up the bird feeder that I had asked Father Christmas for …………
Christmas Morning Bird Feeder..I put it on a branch near the lounge window so that I could watch the toing and froing of the birds without frightening them, and then I came back  inside ……..
Christmas Morning bird.……. and OMD, within a minute or two I had my first visitor ……
christmas Morning BirdIt was an emotional, festive Bird Watching Magazine/Bill Oddie type moment for me ……. this will certainly be a present that will just keep giving, so long as I maintain a good supply of fat balls for my new found  friends …….
Christmas Morning bird feeder…… and hopefully,  I will soon become cognisant with the various breeds that visit it/me….. something I can pass on to Nigel, because at the moment the only bird he really recognises is Big Bird from Sesame Street …. however, if he (Big Bird), came to peck at my balls I think we would all be very taken aback and not a little overwhelmed!!!

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

So you need a regular supply of fat balls?
Birds like your fat balls?
Ooh err missus.

Anonymous said...

I think we ALL would be surprised if Big Bird had a peck at your balls too. JantheFan x

marc said...

Hi boys have caught up on all your christmas posts and must say you boys have it all such fun such gifts such friendship hope you all have a wonderful new year and will see you soon big lovemarc and a showbiz air kiss and hug from Hugh

Anonymous said...

Great gift that was.....very calming to watch the birds visit.....they do need help with food when they face cold weather.....you will soon be ticking off the various birds in your guidebook as they come to dine at Castle Greysquirrel.....it will be THE place to dine as word gets around the bird world!.....Birds love peanut butter on pine cones or toast soldiers but not sure about Marmite! Love my Marmite keyring you sent me; my little bit of England......have fun birdwatching....Dianne