While I was cooking tea yesterday evening (for the curious, fish fingers, chips and peas with bread and butter), Darrell and Nigel disappeared into the dining room, to “admire our festive branches”, but after a while it seemed to go very quiet, suspiously quiet ….. and my highly attuned mischief sensor was alerted!
It seems that “shock, horror” we had committed a the most serious of festive faux pas’s by omitting to put the star on top of the Christmas Tree ….. well not forgotten, more overlooked as the star had not been in the box when we had decorated the tree ….
……. namely Nigel, who didn’t seemed to be having the time of his life, relishing his moment to “shine”
However, I felt that I had to calmly draw both their attention to the serious health and safety implications that could ensue following such foolhardy and irresponsible behaviour!
….. to wit impalage, electrocution, falls, and the resulting possibility of broken limbs, not to mention strangulation ……. and how all the magic of Christmas would soon disappear if we had to spend all our time visiting Nigel in hospital over the festive season.