Sunday 22 August 2010

Touching The Green Green Grass of Home ……..

I arrived back home very, very late (or very, very early in the morning), Darrell was fast asleep.
Picture 104
I didn’t like to disturb him as he looked so peaceful, and tried to put his present on his pillow so he’d see it when he woke up in the morning.
Picture 108
But even though I tried to be as quiet as a mouse (my favourite nocturnal animal of choice), he did wake up.
Picture 116
“Oooowww you’re back” he said in a sleepy voice “I’ve missed you ever such a lot. Did you know  X Factor starts tonight? I thought I was going to have to watch it on my own but now we can watch it together, how BRILLIANT is that?” and he yawned happily.
Picture 115
I told him to go back to sleep and that I would tell him all about my adventures in the morning and indeed, it was most fortuitous that my  return coincided with the  start of a new series of The X Factor.  Life is just a constant joy.

1 comment:

Mr. D said...

Has Darrell not been reading your blog while you were away? Does he close his eyes when he is sleeping? More questions than answers.